teeth cleaning homeTeeth cleaning by professionals
Even those who are conscientious about caring for their teeth will not always be able to reach all the spaces and areas of the mouth in an optimal manner. The result is that bacteria make themselves a permanent home, which can lead to dental illness such as caries, gingivitis or periodontitis. Teeth cleaning by a professional , ideally performed every six to twelve months under a dentist’s supervision, combined with personal tooth cleaning at home assures an optimal oral hygiene that can help preserve natural tooth material as long as possible.
Professionally cleaned teeth prevent illnesses
Particularly persons of advanced age need to be sure to have their teeth cleaned professionally at regular intervals. As we age, on the one hand our organism becomes more susceptible to infections and illnesses; on the other, manual dexterity required for thorough cleaning declines. The foremost negative effect resulting from this is that bacteria multiply in the mouth to cause infections. Having a professional clean your teeth counters these existing hazards and diminishes the risk of caries and infection.
Root canal treatment
Weighing the alternatives
A root canal treatment can save an infected tooth. The alternative is extraction. Let our experts help you discover a solution for you that makes economic and clinical sense….
Bacteria can enter the root canal by way of caries. This does not necessarily have to be painful. The spores travel along the nerve toward the jawbone. The body’s immune system reacts against the invading bacteria in the area of the root tip. This is normally where the discomfort starts. At that point, in the old days the tooth would have to be pulled. Today, the dentist or the endodontist (specialized dentist) attempt to save the tooth with a root canal (endodontic) treatment.
The dentist removes the nerve, cleans and disinfects the root canal and then closes the canal.



Traditional root canals have about a 65% success rate. In the remaining 35% of cases, the infection flares up again. This requires removing the root tip surgically (a procedure known as root tip resection).

If that does not succeed in stemming the infection, the tooth must be extracted, i.e. pulled. But thanks to modern techniques, the success rate for root canal treatments can be raised to nearly 100%. We discuss this in more detail in what follows.


A patient asks: How do Our endodontists make sure that the root is filled correctly?

The probability of succeeding is sufficiently high only if the entire root canal is filled down to the tips. Your endodontist can monitor if he has actually reached all the way to the root tip with a specialized instrument called an apex locator. It measures the electrical resistance and will show a distinct drop at the root tip.

For emergency cases        +44 800 088 5109